Choosing server rack accessories is a lot like picking out a car. You need to deliberate on the extras you need for safety and functionality, but you also get to think about the extras you want to show off your data center. This part of the server rack buying process can even be fun and creative -- if you want it to be, that is.
Consider the following:
- Assembly: Do you want the server rack to come assembled or ready for assembly?
- Metal: Which better suits your needs, steel or aluminum?
- Seismic Rating: Are there any local zoning requirements or recommendations for seismic activity?
- Venting: Do you want vented doors and/or panels on the server racks?
- Access: Would you like to have access to the equipment through side or back panels?
- Leveling: Do you need to be able to adjust the leveling of your network equipment?
- Construction: Do you have minimum requirements for the type of server rack construction?
- Design: Are the color and stylistic personality of the server rack important to you?
- Mobility: Does the equipment need to be mobilized with server rack wheels?
- Locking: What type of locking mechanism(s) do you require on the server racks?
- Accessories: Your server rack accessory options are pretty extensive. To name a few, accessories include fixed shelves, rollout shelves, power strips, monitors, fans, seismic bracing, cable management, joining kits, anti-tip retractable stabilizer bars, keyboard trays, utility drawers, reducer rails, blanking/filler panels and adjustable angle brackets.
Fortunately, you’re not on your own when making this somewhat complex purchase. Gaw Technology’s consultants are here to help you determine the best enclosures for you -- the types, models and brands of server racks, as well as crucial accessories, that fit your specific needs.
Click the button below to contact an enclosure consultant and assess your needs today.