Hot Aisle / Cold Aisle Containment System for Efficient Data Center Cooling
It is an established fact that most legacy data centers waste over 60 percent of their cooling energy. This is precisely why we specialize in efficient server cabinet cooling, and can help customers large and small significantly reduce server rack cooling expenses, through strategies that cost only a fraction of the energy they save.
Hot Aisle / Cold Aisle Separation and Containment
Hot aisle / Cold aisle containment is a key cooling cost reduction method. It involves arranging the server racks and the IT equipment so that all heat is exhaust into hot aisles, and all air intakes draw from cool aisles. Cool air is supplied only into the cold aisle, with return air being drawn directly from the hot aisle.
Hot aisle & Cold aisle containment not only increases energy efficiency but also allows the IT equipment populating the server racks to operate at ASHRAE TC 9.9 guidelines, which improves equipment functionality as well as uptime.
Common Methods for Hot Aisle / Cold Aisle Containment
Separation of HOT AISLES from COLD AISLES can be achieved by:
- Rigid Enclosures
- Hard Panel Boards
- Blanking Panels For Unused Rack Positions
- End Of Row Doors
- Flexible Strip / PVC Curtains
- Aisle Ceilings
- Overhead Vertical Wall Systems
- Snapin Modules
- Aisle Ducts
Specially designed Mounting Channels are used by our engineers to affix vertical wall, strips, panels etc .to the server rack cabinet body, as well as surrounding walls.
Hot Aisle Containment & Airflow Plenums for Cisco Routers – By Gaw Technology
- Heat Containment System (HCS) - The Eaton Heat Containment System® (HCS) is a simple, scalable and low cost solution to more effectively manage the ever-increasing heat loads in today’s data center.
- Airflow Solutions for Switches and Network Devices - Eaton offers several solutions for devices with (non) front-to-rear airflow architecture.
- Blanking Panels - Blanking panels provide a quick, easy and cost-effective solution to optimize air circulation within an enclosure while maintaining high aesthetics.
- HCS Active Airflow Manager - Eaton's HCS Active Airflow Manager measures pressure differentials and temperature to regulate fan operation in active systems.
- Aisle Containment Ceiling/Walls - The Aisle Containment Ceilings and walls, used in conjunction with End of Row Doors, creates an efficient and predictable aisle containment solution.
- End of Row Doors - End of Row Doors, available in single-swing, café-style and sliding options, create more efficient contained aisles by blocking obvious escape routes for air and eliminating air re-circulation and air mixing.
- Independent Containment - The culmination of Eaton's containment strategies is its patent-pending Independent Containment System (ICS), a free-standing, scalable, sustainable and vendor-neutral containment solution for high-density computing environments.
- Designed for installation on raised floor or non-raised floor applications
- Suitable for new and existing data centers
- Front Discharge for Aisle Capture
- Side discharge for Open Aisle Configurations
- Can be installed in the middle or at the end of a row - 12" and 24" cabinet widths
- Wide range of cooling capacities for small, medium, and large applications
- Top or bottom pipe and power connections
- 100% front and rear service access
- Highest cooling capacities in the industry – up to 73 kW per unit
- Adapts to all major rack manufacturers racks and data center containment systems
- Casters included to easily move and relocate when needed
- Microprocessor control system with a backlit LCD display for visual indication of unit operating conditions
- Private local area network (pLAN) provides monitoring and control of up to eight precision air conditioners without a Building Management System (BMS)
- Seamless integration with all BMS platforms
- Fully adjustable fan speed control for energy savings
- Built in redundancy
- Capacity assist functionality saves energy and operating expenses
- Scalability — add CyberRow cooling units as your data center grows
- Single and three phase voltage available
- CRAC Collars - The CRAC Collar for downflow systems, used in conjunction with data center containment strategies is integral to Eaton’s total containment solution.
- Raised Floor Grommet - Eaton's raised floor grommet is comprised of non-permeable material that allows maximum pressure to be maintained in the sub-floor plenum by allowing cables to enter enclosures while minimizing bypass airflow.